FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE EDITORIAL BOARD OF THE GEORGIA WONK ISSUES THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT:
President Donald J. Trump has announced the formation of an investigation into voting fraud. The Editorial Board believes that the President’s actions are an attempt at disenfranchisement that will disproportionately impact the most vulnerable members of our population, and we disagree with his actions in the strongest possible terms.
The Editorial Board has decided, after a secret ballot at our hardened underground bunker, that our primary political goal, moving into the 2018 elections and beyond, is to ensure free and fair voting access to all voters.
The Editorial Board proposes the following policy goals:
- Ban racial or political redistricting, instead relying on a “blind” redistricting process that does not look at demographics;
- Make Election Day a federal holiday;
- Ban restrictive voter ID laws;
- Introduce same-day registration;
- Restore voting rights to felons.
The Georgia Wonk believes that as a matter of principle, the above goals should be our top priority. Moving forward, we will attack efforts to restrict the Constitutional right to vote with all the power and authority we possess.